I have written pieces across multiple genres, including journalism, blogging, and academic writing.
My work ultimately reflects my experience, notably in the academic and communications fields.
Please contact me directly to further discuss any of my experience.
Digital Content Strategist/Copywriter at New Harbor Group
February 2018 - current
- NHG is a public relations and communications firm. I am responsible for producing written content across our client base.
- I draft press releases and media advisories; op-eds and columns; and weekly e-newsletters.
- I develop social media content and monitor social platforms for various clients.
- I collect weekly press clips for clients and pitch relevant client stories to local media outlets.
Associate Director of the Speaking Center at University of Rhode Island
June 2017 - December 2017
- I trained and supervised the Assistant Director, supervised undergraduate tutors, and managed the Center.
- I scheduled and oversaw tutors' hours.
Instructor at University of Rhode Island
August 2015 - December 2017
- I taught two sections of an introductory college-level communication studies course per semester.
- I was responsible for developing the syllabus; crafting lesson plans and leading each class period;
- and administering and grading assignments.
Publications and Communications Manager at Brain Sciences Foundation
April 2017 - July 2017
- I managed websites associated with the organization
- Served as a liaison between the Foundation and various publishers,
- Edited and prepared multiple written works for publication, and oversaw various academic publications.
Assistant Director of the Speaking Center at University of Rhode Island
June 2016 - June 2017
- I oversaw day-to-day operations and supervised student tutors at the University of Rhode Island's speaking center.
Writing Fellow at Center for Teaching & Learning
January 2013 - May 2015
- I provided feedback to students in one-on-one meetings about their academic writing.
- I assisted them at any stage of the writing process with various issues ranging from drafting, grammar, and sentence-level issues to the content, organization, and structure of ideas.
- Met with many ELL students for grammar, sentence structure, and general writing help.